Wednesday 7 May 2014

Feathers, feathers everywhere!

Soooo it's been a while since I last updated a blog, I'll try to give a weekly update this time! ;)

I'd like to show pictures and talk about stuff I'm working on in preparation for a fantasy event in the Netherlands. 
The dolls are created for Castlefest, a lovely fantasy event in August I will be attending.

A lot of work needs to be done,  I'll try to share a weekly progress with you guys, working towards this event :)

Pixies!
I've decided I want a group of small and colorful dolls for my booth. I've created pixies before which where a tad bigger but colorful and cute enough to create more of! 
I went for a smaller size this time to see how that works out. I've had some old jars laying around which I now used for them to sit on. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the glass jars. It has been pretty difficult so far to get similar ones with a black cap, so I've made a few small round displays from scrap clay to test out. 

I'm planning to visit a few stores this weekend to see if I can get a hold of similar jars. If not, I'll stick with the small displays.

For now, here is the progress of a pixie on a jar cap! ;)










This is the sculpted pixie doll, unbaked. I'm posing it to see how it's working out on the cap :) 






The dolls are baked, painted and their wings are added. Time to add some fluffiness!







So fluffffyyyy! 

I've used Marabou feathers for the hair and for the tail. 

The pixie is glued to lid and I'll be adding moss and beads around him/her once the glue is cured.
This would be the almost-final result of the doll, I still need to add iridescent beads and figure out what to put in the jar :)


And here are some freshly sculpted pixies. Ready for the last phase of smoothing and cleaning before they're going into the oven to cure  ^_^ 





I've also ordered more Marabou feathers in Green, Yellow and Red

I hope to do another update next week, now I'm off cleaning, there are Marabou feathers everywhere!! ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment